Ludwig Kister 1688-1747
Ludwig Kister was born 29 November 1688 at Zinswiller near Oberbronn, son of Johannes and Maria Susanna () Kister. He was baptized 3 December 1688 in Oberbronn. He was confirmed at age 14 years.
He married 1717 Maria Susanna Schneider at Oberbronn. Maria Susanna Schneider was born 9 November 1695. Maria Susanna had been living at Asswiller before her marriage.
Ludwig was a shoemaker, as was his father. They lived at Durstel (about 36 miles northwest of Strasbourg, and 6 miles east of the Sarre River), Alsace, France. The area is known as "Crooked Alsace." The people speak German, Lorraine dialect.
Ludwig died 12 July 1747 and was buried the 15th. Maria Susanna, widow of Ludwig, died 12 August 1770 and was buried the following day in the churchyard.
- A first son may have been baptized in Oberbronn (this record has not been searched).
- Johann Jacob Kister baptized 16 February 1721; married 13 May 1751 Maria Christian Entzmenger in Durstel, Alsace, France.
- Johann Ludwig Kister born 18 September 1723, baptized 19 September 1723; married 4 November 1748 Eva Christina Antoni at Bettwiller parish Durstel; married second Catharina ________; died between 11 December 1786 and 19 January 1787 in Lehigh Township, Northampton County, Pa.
- Maria Christina Kister baptized 29 December 1728.
- Maria Elisabeth Kister baptized 31 March 1731.
- George Philip Kister born 25 September 1733, baptized 27 September 1733; married Anna Maria Tetisman Old Goshenhoppen 30 October 1755 Lutheran Church, Montgomery County, PA.
- Johann Martzloff Kister born 26 August 1737, baptized 28 August 1737; married Rachel Dieter about 1768; died 1834.